- This event has passed.
HUD COC COMMITTEE
December 19, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
The HUD CoC Committee functions as the Continuum of Care Board, required by the Interim Rule to act on behalf of the membership to ensure the CoC responsibilities are fulfilled. These include; operating a Continuum of Care, operating and HMIS, Continuum of Care planning, and preparing an application for Continuum of Care funds (HUD NOFO).
All HUD Continuum of Care Committee meetings is open to the public. Alameda County residents with lived experience of homelessness are encouraged to attend
Note: A total of 10 minutes will be set aside as an Agenda item for general public comment – with a time limit of 2 minutes per person. All written public comment submitted by the time of the Meeting that indicates “for Public Distribution” will be accepted and noted during Public Comment period and distributed at the meeting.
To Submit Written Public Comment to the HUD CoC Committee
Persons who are unable to attend the Committee meeting may submit, by the time the meeting proceedings begin, written comments regarding an Agenda Item in the meeting.
Comments which include “for Public Distribution” in either the title and/or body of the email or letter will be made part of the official public record and brought to the attention of the HUD CoC Committee.
Written comments should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via mail: 1271 Washington Ave., #619, San Leandro, CA 94577. (Due to working remotely, there may be a delay in staff receiving written comments submitted by mail.)
Due to concerns about COVID 19, until further notice, meetings will be conducted online through Zoom. The public is welcome to participate or comment by joining the Zoom call. Please see the Zoom information posted at the top of the Agenda of each meeting.
- Acts on behalf of the membership to ensure compliance with HUD CoC regulations.
- Appoint committee/sub-committees or working groups under its purview.
- Determine costs of complying with HUD mandates.
- Designate and operate an HMIS system; ensures it meets system performance needs.
- Facilitates CoC planning to meet regulatory obligations.
- Recommend annual updates to the Governance Charter.
- Recommend guiding principles and strategic direction to CoC NOFA Committee based on HUD NOFA guidelines.
- Design, operate and follow a collaborative process for submitting the CoC application to HUD.
- Monitor, evaluate, and take action to improve poor performance of CoC funded projects.
- Evaluate outcomes of ESG and CoC projects and report to HUD.
- Consult with local government recipients on allocations of ESG funds.
- Adopt written standards for CoC assistance and ensure compliance.
- Direct Homeless Count; approve methodology; submit results.
- Direct an annual gaps analysis.
- Ensure CoC lead provides information to jurisdictions that submit Con Plans.