All System Coordination Committee meetings are open to the public. Homeless and formerly homeless Alameda County residents are encouraged to attend.
Persons who are unable to attend the Committee meeting may submit, by the time the meeting proceedings begin, written comments regarding an Agenda Item in the meeting.
A total of 10 minutes will be set aside as an Agenda item for general public comment, with a time limit of 2 minutes per person.
All written public comment submitted by the time of the meeting that indicates “for Public Distribution” will be accepted and noted during Public Comment period and distributed at the meeting.
System Coordination Committee is delegated certain responsibilities of the HUD COC Committee that require the coordination and implementation of a housing and service system within its geographic area, including the responsibility to:
- Convene system-wide stakeholders for coordinated planning and improvement of the Housing Crisis Response System
- Review the performance and operations of the Housing Crisis Response System to determine if they are:
- Consistent with approved principles, policies, and standards
- Fair and transparent
- Compliant with funding regulations
- Working well and meeting performance benchmarks
- Adopt and recommend changes to policies, standards, procedures, resources, and tools in order to improve the Housing Crisis Response System
- Fulfill designated responsibilities of the HUD CoC Committee, including the annual submission of the Housing Crisis Response System Manual and the HUD CE Compliance Review to the HUD CoC Committee for approval
- Establish and convene subcommittees and working groups to facilitate coordination, effective operations, and on-going improvement