***IMPORTANT: CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE TO THE REFERRAL PROCESS***
HOW DO PEOPLE GET REFERRED TO HOME STRETCH?
Households are connected to Home Stretch through the “Coordinated Entry System”. Please call 2-1-1 or attend a Housing Workshop.
WHAT IS HOME STRETCH?
Home Stretch matches households to Alameda County’s Permanent Supportive Housing opportunities for people who experience ALL of the following:
- Literal Homelessness – click here to learn more
- Disability – The head of household has a disabling health condition(s) that is expected to be of long-continued and indefinite duration and substantially impedes the persons’ ability to live independently, such as a diagnosable substance use disorder, serious mental illness, developmental disability, or chronic physical illness or disability.
- Are over 18 or Emancipated Youth.
- Currently Reside in Alameda County.
PHONE: 510-891-8938FAX: 1-855-658-5466
MAIL: P.O Box 29172, Oakland CA, 94612
If you want to be added to the Home Stretch email list to receive updates, please email HomeStretch@acgov.org.
WHAT IS COORDINATED ENTRY?
HUD has asked counties across the nation to assess people based on vulnerability and level of need. As a result, Alameda County is shifting to a new way of matching people to available housing resources. This new way is called Coordinated Entry. Now, everyone goes through the same standard process. Click here to learn more about Coordinated Entry.
NEXT STEPS FOR PROVIDERS
- If your client submitted a referral before November 17th, 2017, please continue to turn in Housing Match Documentation to HomeStretch@acgov.org, as well as call 2-1-1 with your client to connect them to the Coordinated Entry System.
- If your client has never been referred to Home Stretch, please call 2-1-1 with your client to connect them with the Coordinated Entry System.
- Provide updates to the Coordinated Entry System when life changes occur with your client to ensure they are properly assessed for services.
Housing Match Documents are important to collect for all types of housing applications including mainstream, affordable, subsidized, and permanent supportive housing. In Alameda County, clients cannot be matched to permanent supportive housing without all Housing Match Documentation.
If you or your client submitted a referral before November 17th, 2017, please continue to turn in Housing Match Documentation to HomeStretch@acgov.org, as well as call 2-1-1 with your client to have them referred to their regional Housing Resource Center (HRC) to be assessed for additional housing resources.
If you or your client did not submit a referral prior to November 17th, 2017, call 2-1-1 with your client to have them referred to their regional Housing Resource Center (HRC). Please note that Alameda County is in a transition period and not all HRCs are fully operational. If your region’s HRC is not accepting referrals at this time, call 2-1-1- weekly for updates. Also, please COLLECT AND HOLD Housing Match Documents, as they are essential to access all types of housing resources in and out of the Housing Crisis Response System.FULL HOUSING MATCH DOCUMENT PACKET-CLICK HERE
Housing Match Documents Include:
- HOUSING MATCH DOCUMENTATION CHECKLIST – use the checklist to ensure you have completed all the required forms
- HOUSING PROFILE– Fully completed Housing Profile Form
- DISABILITY VERIFICATION –Fully completed Verification of Disability Form
- HOUSING HISTORY– Fully completed Housing History Form
- VERIFICATION OF HOMELESSNESS – use one of both forms to verify periods of homelessness in the past 3 years.
Click on the links below.