WHAT IS HOME STRETCH?
Home Stretch matches households to Alameda County’s Permanent Supportive Housing opportunities for people who experience ALL of the following:
- Literal Homelessness – click here to learn more
- Disability – – The head of household has a disabling health condition(s) that is expected to be of long-continued and indefinite duration and substantially impedes the persons’ ability to live independently, such as a diagnosable substance use disorder, serious mental illness, developmental disability, or chronic physical illness or disability.
- Are over 18 or Emancipated Youth.
- Currently Reside in Alameda County.
PHONE: 510-891-8938FAX: 1-855-658-5466
MAIL: P.O Box 29172, Oakland CA, 94612
If you want to be added to the Home Stretch email list to receive updates, please email HomeStretch@acgov.org.
MAKING A REFERRAL
- Complete a Coordinated Entry Assessment (CES) – Households are connected to Home Stretch through the “Coordinated Entry System”. Please call 2-1-1 or attend a Housing Workshop
- Turn in all Housing and Public Benefits Portfolio documents to Home Stretch. Please refer to the “Housing and Public Benefits Portfolio” section below for more information.
WHAT IS COORDINATED ENTRY?
HUD has asked counties across the nation to assess people based on vulnerability and level of need. As a result, Alameda County is shifting to a new way of matching people to available housing resources. This new way is called Coordinated Entry. Now, everyone goes through the same standard process. Click here to learn more about Coordinated Entry.
Housing Match Documents are important to collect for all types of housing applications including mainstream, affordable, subsidized, and permanent supportive housing. In Alameda County, clients cannot be matched to permanent supportive housing without all Housing Match Documentation.HOUSING AND PUBLIC BENEFITS PORTFOLIO PACKET-CLICK HERE
Housing Match Documents Include:
- HOUSING MATCH DOCUMENTATION CHECKLIST – use the checklist to ensure you have completed all the required forms
- HOUSING PROFILE– Fully completed Housing Profile Form
- DISABILITY VERIFICATION –Fully completed Verification of Disability Form
- HOUSING HISTORY– Fully completed Housing History Form
- VERIFICATION OF HOMELESSNESS – use one of both forms to verify periods of homelessness in the past 3 years.
Click on the links below.