The HUD CoC Committee functions as the Continuum of Care Board, required by the Interim Rule to act on behalf of the membership to ensure the CoC responsibilities are fulfilled. Those include; operating a Continuum of Care, operating and HMIS, Continuum of Care planning, and preparing an application for Continuum of Care funds (HUD NOFA).
All HUD Continuum of Care Committee meetings are open to the public. Homeless and formerly homeless Alameda County residents are encouraged to attend.
Persons who are unable to attend the Committee meeting may submit, by the time the meeting proceedings begin, written comments regarding an Agenda Item in the meeting. Comments which include “for Public Distribution” in either the title and/or body of the email or letter will be made part of the official public record, and brought to the attention of the HUD CoC Committee. Written comments should be submitted to: Ruby Butler, HUD Project Monitor – firstname.lastname@example.org, or via mail: 101 Callan Ave, Ste 230, San Leando, CA 94577.
For more information about HUD CoC, please contact Continuum of Care Director, Laura Guzman, at email@example.com.
- Acts on behalf of the membership to ensure compliance with HUD CoC regulations.
- Appoint committee/sub-committees or working groups under its purview.
- Determine costs of complying with HUD mandates.
- Designate and operate an HMIS system; ensures it meets system performance needs.
- Facilitates CoC planning to meet regulatory obligations.
- Recommend annual updates to the Governance Charter.
- Recommend guiding principles and strategic direction to CoC NOFA Committee based on HUD NOFA guidelines.
- Design, operate and follow a collaborative process for submitting the CoC application to HUD.
- Monitor, evaluate, and take action to improve poor performance of CoC funded projects.
- Evaluate outcomes of ESG and CoC projects and report to HUD.
- Consult with local government recipients on allocations of ESG funds.
- Adopt written standards for CoC assistance and ensure compliance.
- Direct Homeless Count; approve methodology; submit results.
- Direct an annual gaps analysis.
- Ensure CoC lead provides information to jurisdictions that submit Con Plans.
|Doug Biggs||Alameda Point Collaborative|
|C’Mone Falls||Alameda County SSA|
|Paulette Franklin||Alameda County Behavioral Health Care Services|
|Wendy Jackson||East Oakland Community Project|
|Ja'Nai Aubry||Family Violence Law Center|
|Lara Tannenbaum||City of Oakland|
|Andrew Wicker||City of Berkeley|
|Riley Wilkerson||Alameda County Housing and Community Development|